Sawyer does not have a donation feature but some providers use the Optional Add-Ons feature as a workaround.
Optional add-ons let you suggest the purchase of additional items — like t-shirts or art supplies — to your customers during the checkout flow for a specific scheduled activity. If customers select them, the order value of the purchase increases accordingly.
To repurpose this feature to accept an optional donation, simply name your add-on Donation, Voluntary Contribution, or something similar. Of course, you’ll want to make sure that you’re following any relevant rules and regulations related to accepting donations.
As a way to experiment with different pricing options, some providers have tried scheduling free activities and allowing customers to choose what they want to pay from a list of options, using the Optional Add-Ons feature. This allows families to pay what they can to support your small business.
You'll be able to pull an optional add-ons report to see orders associated with the add-on.
How to set up optional add-ons in Sawyer Tools
- Edit your scheduled activity (under Schedules)
- Navigate to the Add-ons page
- Toggle on Optional Add-ons
- Enter the optional add-on name
- Enter the price and click Add
- Select the pricing options it should apply to (example: Full Semester, Drop-ins, etc)
- If you want to add multiple choices (example: $1, $5, $10, and $20) you will need to create each as a separate optional add-on
- To remove an optional custom add-on, click the X icon