Coupon codes are a great option for managing promotions, scholarships, and different discount structures
Create a Coupon
- Navigate to Financials > Coupons
- Click New Coupon in the top right corner
- Give your coupon a Unique Code and edit the coupon restrictions
- Click Save
- Total Redemptions (Do not enter anything for unlimited) - Limits the number of times a coupon can be used in total, not just by a single customer. Example: "First 40 signups receive 10% off their order."
- Max Per Customer (zero for unlimited) - Limits the number of times a single customer can use the coupon
- Number of eligible items per order (zero for unlimited) - By default, coupons are applied once to each and every item in the cart. Example: if a coupon is 20%, it will take 20% off of each unique item; if a coupon is $20, it will take $20 off of each unique item. To apply the discount to only one item in the cart, you can enter a "1" in this box to limit the discount to one item. Note: adding multiple siblings to one scheduled activity still counts the scheduled activity as one item.
- First time customers only - Limits the eligibility of this coupon code to customers who are not already in your Client List. Note: this applies once per email, not per student.
- Apply to order instead of each item - By default, coupons are applied to each cart item. Selecting this option limits the discount to only apply to the order total instead of each item. Example: If you want to offer $5 off the total, you will want to select this option so that the coupon takes the discount off the total instead of taking $5 off of each item in the cart.
- Minimum order total - Limits the eligibility of this coupon code to orders with a checkout total of at least this amount
- Last Day to Use - Limits the eligibility of this coupon code to orders placed prior to this date. Example: early bird discounts. Note: coupons expire at 11:59 EST the night before the expiration date.
- Eligibility Fields - Here, you can customize your coupon to work for specific activities, locations, booking types, and memberships
Edit a Coupon
After a coupon code is created, it cannot be edited but it can be replaced with a coupon that uses the same code. To change the restrictions for a particular promo code, mark the coupon inactive and create a new coupon with the same code.
- Click the Coupon Code you want to change
- At the bottom of the page, click Make Inactive and confirm
- Click +New Coupon
- Enter the coupon code you had previously and add the coupon restrictions
- Click Save