Providers now have the ability to create a customizable booking fee and charge customers either a percentage or a fixed amount at checkout. This fee will be applicable on orders placed through the widget and marketplace as well as new orders placed through the roster.
How to set up a booking fee
1. Login and navigate to the Financial section. Click on the new Fee section (it is disabled by default).
2. Toggle on the Enable Fee switch to open the booking fee settings.
- The fee will only apply to new orders as it will charge one time per order at checkout.
3. Assign a name to your fee (for example: "Service Fee") We recommend doing research in your area to see what acceptable fee names businesses can consider. This is a required field.
- The name of the fee will appear with the fee amount at checkout.
- The name must be max 20 characters in length.
4. Add a description to the booking fee (for example "This fee helps us cover our overhead costs"). This is a required field.
- The description will appear as a tool tip with the fee.
- On Marketplace orders only, the tool tip description will be prefaced with "From the provider".
- The description must be max 110 characters in length.
5. Choose a type (Percentage or Fixed) and amount. This is a required field.
- If the option for a fixed fee type is selected, the provider can input a dollar amount to charge customers at checkout.
- The fixed fee amount can be any value greater than 0 that fits the dollars and cents format.
- If you chose a percentage, you can define what percent of the total order amount will be charged.
- The fee is added to the total order value, regardless of the number of items in the order.
6. Set a minimum order total.
- This is an optional field that enables you to set a minimum order total (ie. the total order value after any discounts and/or add-ons have been applied) For example below, any order totaling $60 or more will incur a $1.00 fee.
- The minimum order total needs to be a valid dollars and cents format
- Once you are finished, click Save and you will be alerted that the fee is live.
7. Editing the fee
- Editing the fee is simple. For example, you can change a fixed amount to percentage or update the amount at any time. You can also change the name and description of the fee. Once you click save, the updated fee will apply to any future orders.
7. Disabling the fee
- You can disable the fee at any time by toggling it to the off mode. This will remove the fee from all activities. If you decide to add a fee in the future, the previous fee you used will re-populate the page and you can either edit or save to continue.
8. A new line item will appear (if applicable) in the following places:
Before checkout in your customer's cart (both on your website and on the Marketplace), above the Provider Total:
On a new order page, above the order total:
It will also be displayed on order receipts, printable receipts, order confirmation emails and as a separate line item in your Orders report.
Important to Note
- Booking fees will not apply to products such as Parties, Memberships, Packs or Gift Cards nor will it apply to charges from Quick Charge.
- Users who can access the fee page are limited to the following roles: Owner, Admin, Front Desk and Accountant.
- When enabled, the fee will be applied to all live schedules and it can be edited, enabled and disabled at any time.