Our Beta Revenue by Scheduled Activity Report release is here! This beta report is part of the work we’ve been doing to refine and improve our reporting on Sawyer. This release includes a financial report that seeks to give you better insights into the revenue attributed to your business specifically for scheduled activities.
What to Expect:
This beta financial report is exclusively focused on revenue by scheduled activity for orders and purchases related to camps, events, and semesters. This report does not currently include revenue generated from appointments, class packs, memberships, or parties.
Access the Revenue by Scheduled Activity Report
- Go to Reports > Insights
- Locate Revenue below the insights graphs under Downloadable Reports
- Click into Revenue and Download
Understanding the Revenue by Scheduled Activity Report
When you export this report, you’ll see multiple columns of data. See below for a detailed explanation of each column.
- Schedule Name:
- Displays the name of the semester or camp/event time frame from selections made in the report drop-down menu.
- Scheduled Activity Name:
- Displays the names of specific scheduled activities within the Schedule
- Activity Location Name:
- Displays the names of specific locations for specific scheduled activities within the Schedule
- Scheduled Activity Start Time:
- Displays the days and times associated with the scheduled activity.
- Multiday activities will show each day and time associated with the scheduled activity separated by a comma.
- Scheduled Activity Start Date:
- Displays the start date of the scheduled activity
- Scheduled Activity End Date:
- Displays the end date of the scheduled activity
- Total Unique Children:
- Displays the total count of unique children registered for the scheduled activity.
- Please note that adult registrations will not currently be counted in this column.
- Total Number of Orders:
- Displays the total count of orders that were placed for the scheduled activity.
- Total Net Paid To Provider:
- Displays the sum of the total amount paid to the provider deducting all applicable fees, coupons, and discounts for the scheduled activity.
- Total Gross Order Value:
- Displays the sum of the total gross order value for every order placed for the scheduled activity before discounts, coupons, and assuming all payments are received without price adjustments.
- Example: If an order includes $1,500 worth of camp but a customer only pays $1,000 after they received a discount of $500, this column would show the total order value of $1,500.
- Total Amount Owed
- Displays the sum of the total amount expected to be paid by the customer which includes the initial checkout amount and future payment plan installments for the scheduled activity minus discounts and coupons.
- Please note, monthly payments do not currently display the total amount owed in upcoming monthly billing payments in the columns “Total Unpaid” or “Total Amount Owed”. These will be accurately reflected in the Total Amount Paid column once each month’s billing cycle is processed.
- Total Amount Paid
- Displays the sum of the total amount paid including the initial checkout amount, future payment plan installments, receive payment transactions, and monthly billing for the scheduled activity.
- Total Unpaid
- Displays the sum of the total remaining balance unpaid including future payment plan installments for the scheduled activity minus discounts and coupons.
- Monthly payments do not currently display the total amount owed in upcoming monthly billing payments in the columns “Total Unpaid” or “Total Amount Owed”. These will be accurately reflected in the Total Amount Paid column once each month’s billing cycle is processed.
- Total Stripe Fees
- Displays the sum of the total amount of Stripe fees collected for credit card transactions for the scheduled activity including at-checkout amounts, recurring billing (payment plan installments and monthly billing) and receive payment transactions.
- Total Sawyer Fees
- Displays the sum of the total amount of sawyer fees* collected for the scheduled activity including at-checkout amounts, recurring billing (payment plan installments and monthly billing), and receive payment transactions.
- *Sawyer fees applied on marketplace transactions or legacy % tools fees only
- Total Refund Amount
- Displays the sum of the total amount refunded for the scheduled activity including at-checkout amounts, recurring billing (payment plan installments and monthly billing) and receive payment transactions.
As you download the report, here are a few things to note:
- This report will only contain data for orders placed after September 1st, 2020 for activities that start on September 1st, 2020 or later. You’ll be able to select any Schedules from the drop-down menu that have orders placed after September 1st, 2020, and have revenue or bookings attributed.
- This report contains live data and will be updated as new orders are placed.
- You can download the data by clicking on the arrow to download at the bottom of the reporting window. This will email you a link to download the report in .xlsx
- This report contains revenue from all payment types - credit card transactions, gift cards, and any custom payment methods (e.g. cash, check)
- All add-ons (early drop-off, extended day, pick-up, or custom add-ons), required fees, and installment surcharges are automatically included in the revenue totals collected across the activities purchased
- Orders that contain the following pricing configurations may have data discrepancies:
- Auto Discounts
- Sibling Discounts
- Payment Plans
- Stripe fees listed for custom payment methods* (this is fixed as of 11/9)
- Adult students not currently included in the count of “Unique Children” but revenue is properly attributed to the scheduled activities.
What’s not currently included in this report:
- Quick Charge Transactions
- Class pack spot and membership spot revenue allocation
What does “beta” launch mean:
While this is an exciting first step into releasing new financial reports and analytics for your business, you may experience discrepancies or general bugginess on occasion. There are additional features and data calculations that we will be adding in future releases so please keep in mind that this is not necessarily the final version of the report.
- Data Discrepancies: This report will give insight into revenue trends by scheduled activity groups but is by no means meant to replace other financial reporting in Sawyer Tools. While we continue to work towards improved data accuracy and account for additional order types, please keep in mind that your banking report and orders report are still the most accurate ways to view overall revenue for your business.
Collecting Feedback: As feedback is extremely valuable to us during this process, we will be working closely with providers to gather suggestions and feedback on how we can improve reporting. As always, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit any questions or feedback!