*please note that this video reflects an outdated version of rosters
The new and improved messaging is here! There are a number of ways you can send messages to your customers which now includes secondary contacts!
Messaging from a Roster
- Click on the class from your Upcoming calendar.
- To message the whole class, click the Message button toward the top right. (You can also message an individual student by clicking on the three dots next to their name and then Message Student).
In the first section on the left side you will see Message preferences:
- You can select either Booked or Waitlisted and this will determine who will be the recipients listed below. Note: if you deselect both of them, you will get an error message, but both can be selected at the same time.
- Next you can select Primary Contact and/or Secondary Contact. Primary Contact will always be the default and the email will be listed below each student name. Only Secondary Contacts with details listed on corresponding customer profiles will be included.
The second section on the left side is titled Recipients:
First you’ll see add BCC which allows you to include instructors or other admins who can be copied on the messages.
- This is a dropdown menu that contains all users and instructors on your account and you can select multiple BCC recipients.
- Below that you’ll see the list of recipients grouped according the groups selected above, Booked and Waitlist:
- You can deselect the full group of recipients by selecting the group. This would allow you to then select only a few recipients out of the group.
- You can also deselect individual recipients in each group.
- Under each student you will see the email addresses of the contacts chosen: Primary, Secondary, or both.
- If you don’t have a secondary contact email address and Secondary Contact is selected, then it will say No Secondary Contact under that student.
- The names listed in the recipients list will be the student’s name, whether that student is an adult or child.
- If there are traditional add ons (early drop off, after school pick up, or extended day) associated with this session, then you will see those listed next to the students who have purchased them.
- For large recipient lists, the first 100 will load first. You will see a Load More option to load the rest in increments of 100.
- If you deselect all recipients you will see an error message letting you know that you need to select at least one.
- First you’ll see add BCC which allows you to include instructors or other admins who can be copied on the messages.
- The next section is Compose Message:
- You will first see a subject line. For roster messages the default subject line will be “A message from [provider] about [activity name] on [session date]”.
- You can click into the subject line and edit.
Below is the body of the message. Here you can preview the email that will be sent to recipients.
- You also have the ability to bold, italicize, add bullet points, or include a link. There is no character limit.
Below the text field you will see the option to add attachments:
- You may add multiple attachments, but the standard email attachment size limit will apply, which is 15mb.
- If you need to add a larger attachment, we recommend uploading the file to a service like dropbox and sending the recipients a link in the body of the message.
- Now you are ready to send!
- As long as you have selected recipients and added text into the body of the message, the Send button will be clickable.
- A copy of the message which includes the list of recipients will be sent to any user that receives emails.
If you click Cancel you will see a modal confirming you’d like to exit and letting you know that no draft will be saved.
- If you click Cancel on that modal, the message modal will remain open.
- If you click Exit then the modal will be closed, no message will be sent and no draft will be saved.
- You can also message a student directly from the Waitlist and Canceled tabs.
Messaging from Custom Reports
- To message from a customer report, you will need to go to Reports > Custom and either create a custom report or choose an existing one in your list. You will see a Message button next to the title in the list of reports and in the top right corner of an open report for all reports that include members.
- Click Message and you will see the new message modal open, but with some slight differences from the roster message:
- You will not have the option to choose a group to send to, the group is all members included on the report.
- You will still be able to choose Primary Contacts, Secondary Contacts, or both.
- You can still add BCCs.
- You may deselect the group or individual recipients, but you must have at least one recipient selected in order to be able to send a message.
- The default subject line will be “A message from [provider name]”.
- All other behaviors will be the same as the roster messaging.
Messaging from the Summary Page
- To message your customers from the summary page, you will go to Semesters or Camps/Events and click into one your activities. Click on the three dots on the right and choose View All Instances.
When on the summary page for a camp or semester, you can click Message Attendees on the left hand side of the screen.
The default group selected will be Booked and this will include students booked into any session in the group.
- If students are booked into more than one session, they will only be listed once.
You can also select Waitlisted from here, and this will include any student on the waitlist for any session in the group.
- If students are on the waitlist for more than one session, they will only be listed once.
- Add ons will not be listed next to students on this modal since they can vary by student from session to session.
- The default subject line will be “A message from [Provider name] about [Activity name]".
- The display above the body of the message will say “A message from [provider name]” followed by the activity name, date range, time(s), and location.
- All other behavior will be the same as the roster message.
- The default group selected will be Booked and this will include students booked into any session in the group.
Messaging An Individual on a Roster or Waitlist
To message an individual from a roster, go to Upcoming and click into a class or event to access the roster. Whether you are on the Booked, Canceled, or Waitlisted tab, you can click the three dot menu next to a student name to find the Message Student option.
- There will be no option to pick a group, but you will be able to choose Primary Contact, Secondary Contact, or both.
- You can still add a BCC to the message.
- You will see the student listed in the recipient list, but you will not be able to deselect them.
- All other behavior remains the same as the roster messaging above.
Note: your supervisor may receive a copy of the messages you send using Sawyer.