Form Fields can be found under the Listings tab in your account and are for any question you want to ask of the customer at checkout, or have set up in their account for internal purposes.
We do have some built in questions that we call Profile Fields. These can be seen under the Edit Profile Fields button on the Form Fields page.
These fields include:
- Client Profile: Name, Phone, Address, Email
- Child Profile: Name, Birthday, Allergies, School
- Secondary Contact: Name, Phone, Email
- Caregiver Contact: Name, Phone, Email
For most of these you can choose if you want that question asked and if you want it required. Questions with a green check mark must be asked.
If you're on our Grow or Scale plan, you can add custom Form Field questions! To add custom registration questions to the checkout process with form fields. To create form fields, follow the steps below.
- Go to your Sawyer portal
- Go to Listings > Form Fields
- Each form field you create will appear as a question to customers. If this is the first question you've created, click the Get Started button in the center of the page. Otherwise, click the red +New Field button at the top right.
- Give your form field a title. A Field Title refers to the content you’d like a customer to respond to - this can be a specific question, waiver language, or terms and conditions.
- Select a field type:
- Free Text (Short) - text box with a short form answer
- Free Text (Long) - text box with a long form answer
- Multiple Choice - options will be selected via single selection radio button
- Dropdown - options will be displayed and selected via a dropdown menu
- File Upload - file download and upload option (PDF, PNG, DOC, or JPG up to 5MB supported)
- Checkbox - options will be displayed and selected via a checkbox
- The Ask Of field determines whether the field should exist on an Adult or Child profile. A good rule of thumb is to think about the field and whether or not you’d like it asked once per family (Adult) or if the response should be unique for each registrant on an account (Child).
- The options for Ask at Checkout are as follows:
- Yes - Required
- Yes - Not Required
- No - Internal Use Only - Editable by Client: the form will not show up at checkout but they can answer it later by going to their Profile page in their account
- No - Internal Use Only - Not Viewable to Client: this will be an internal form field for your team and will not be viewable to the client
NEW: We've added additional functionality to control editing options for your customers related to form field responses. The options for Allow Editing are as follows:
- Yes, allow parent to edit in profile
- No, cannot be edited once submitted
- Next you'll need to Assign the Form Field to specific activities using the drop-down menu selector or select Ask for All Activities.
- You'll see a preview of the field at the bottom of the page
- Click Save
- Preview Form Field shows you a preview of the form field selections made so you can review and adjust as needed. Review the details and click Save in the bottom right corner when finished.
- Once a new form field is created, you’ll see it appear on the main page where you’ll see a list of form field questions. Next to each form field, you’ll see a More Options [...] menu. Click this menu to view available actions - Edit or Archive.
- Before a Form Field has responses, you’ll have full editing access to make adjustments. However, once a form has received responses, you’ll have limited editing options. Should you need to make an update to an existing form field, we recommend archiving the existing one and creating a new one.
- You are able to edit form fields on behalf of customers by going to their profile in Contacts where you'll see the option to Edit Profile.