Add custom registration questions to the checkout process with form fields. To create form fields, follow the steps below.
- Go to your Sawyer for Business portal
- Go to Listings > Form Fields
- Each form field you create will appear as a question to customers. If this is the first question you've created, click the Get Started button in the center of the page. Otherwise, click the red +New Field button at the top right.
4. Give your form field a title. A Field Title refers to the content you’d like a customer to respond to - this can be a specific question, waiver language, or terms and conditions.
5. Select a field type:
- Free Text (Short) - text box with a short form answer
- Free Text (Long) - text box with a long form answer
- Multiple Choice - options will be selected via single selection radio button
- Dropdown - options will be displayed and selected via a dropdown menu
- File Upload - file download and upload option (PDF, PNG, DOC, or JPG up to 5MB supported)
- Checkbox - options will be displayed and selected via a checkbox
6. The Ask Of field determines whether the field should exist on an Adult or Child profile. A good rule of thumb is to think about the field and whether or not you’d like it asked once per family (Adult) or if the response should be unique for each registrant on an account (Child).
7. The options for Ask at Checkout are as follows:
- Yes - Required
- Yes - Not Required
- No - Internal Use Only - Editable by Client (this option means the form will not show up at checkout but it will be fillable at a later time, in the parent portal settings > My Account)
- No - Internal Use Only - Not Viewable to Client (this will be an internal form field for this student only viewable and editable by you in the contact profile)
8. NEW: We've added additional functionality to control editing options for your customers related to form field responses. The options for Allow Editing are as follows:
- Yes, allow parent to edit in profile
- No, cannot be edited once submitted
9. You also have the ability to Assign the Form Field to specific activities using the drop-down menu selector. However, click the radio button shown next to Ask for All Activities to select all.
10. Preview Form Field shows you a preview of the form field selections made so you can review and adjust as needed. Review the details and click Save in the bottom right corner when finished.
11. Once a new form field is created, you’ll see it appear on the main page where you’ll see a list of form field questions.
12. Next to each form field, you’ll see a More Options [...] menu. Click this menu to view available actions - Edit or Archive.
13. Before a form field has responses, you’ll have full editing access to make adjustments. However, once a form has received responses, you’ll have extremely limited editing options. Should you need to make an update to an existing form field, we recommend archiving the existing one and creating a new one.