This feature is included in the Grow and Scale pricing plans. It is not included in the Launch plan. If you would like to upgrade your subscription plan or learn more about the different pricing tiers we offer, please visit Sawyer subscription plans and features here.
If you are a provider who went live prior to March 1, 2022, you will continue to have access to your current features as one of our legacy providers.
The New Enrollment Insights Dashboards & Workbooks provide additional ways to understand enrollment, client retention, location enrollment and order data, and trial conversion trends for your business.
Quick navigation tips:
- Hover state: Hover over data points to see the specific data value or hover over visualizations to reveal the More Options (...) menu.
- When hovering on a visualization you’ll see the More Options (...) menu. Click Maximize Element to explore the underlying data or click the three dots to view export options.
- Applying filters: The following options are available to filter the enrollment dashboards and workbooks. You can use the search tool to find results within each drop-down menu and can multi-select when applying filters:
- Activity Instance Date: Refers to individual date or instance of a scheduled activity e.g. a single roster. You can use this to select a custom range of dates or choose from a variety of pre-set options including day, month, quarter, year.
- Schedule Type: Allows you to select Camp/Event or Semester schedules. Please note: This release does not yet include Appointments.
- Activity Name: Allows you to select any active or archived activities.
- Location Name: Allows you to select any active or archived locations.
- Schedule Name: Allows you to select any active or archived schedules.
- Instructor Name: Allows you to select any active instructors.
- Removing selected filters: Simply click into the applicable filter to deselect or hover over the X to clear all filters. Additional top level filters may also be available within the corresponding workbooks to assist you in drilling down the data. Additional filtering options may be added over time.
Save As button: At the bottom right corner near the embedded workbook tabs, you’ll notice a red Save As button. This can be used to create customized views for easy access.
- For example, if you commonly use specific filters, you can use this feature to create unique dashboard views for your account. When initially loading the page, you’ll always see the default Sawyer view, but you will be able to access any saved views by clicking on the file folder icon found in the bottom left corner of the embedded workbook tabs under My Documents. To learn more about Saving & Accessing Custom Views, click here.
- Enrollment Percentage: This chart displays the total enrollment and total available capacity out of the total capacity. Enrolled and available capacity are each represented as a % of the overall total capacity for the data selected
- Enrollment Summary: This chart displays the total numerical values for Enrolled Spots, Available Spots Remaining, and Total Capacity.
Schedule Performance: This chart displays values for the following:
Total Enrollments: Aggregates the individual booked spots
- For example if 8 students are enrolled across 10 weeks of a single day of camp, the overall enrollment would be 80.
- Canceled Enrollments: Aggregates the individual canceled or transferred enrollments.
- Unique Students Enrolled: Aggregates the individual students (adults and children) to reflect a unique total of enrolled students.
- Total Enrollments: Aggregates the individual booked spots
Student Retention: This chart displays a 5 year snapshot of unique count of students by booking cohort year. Retention measures the number of unique students who have made their first booking in the cohort year and then checks if they have bookings in subsequent years.
- For example, if a customer first enrolled a student in May 2021 and then enrolled in camp again in May 2022 and May 2023, they would count as a unique student in year 0, year 1, and year 2.
NEW Free Trial Performance: *For businesses using the Free Trial Pricing configuration in Sawyer. If you are not using the free trial pricing, this dashboard will have no data results. This bar chart displays the total count of trial students by month and year for all time. The Converted Trial Participants refers to a count of converted trial students for the same time period. If a student has taken a free trial and has since made a paid booking, they will be considered a conversion.
- When you hover over a specific month, you'll also see the specific % conversion rate represented in the monthly conversion totals.
When you view each workbook, you’ll see multiple columns of data as well as available filtering options. For a detailed explanation of each data set and column, view sample workbook data and column definitions here. To learn more about transforming data in your workbooks, please click here.
Retention Analysis: This workbook and filters allow you to evaluate activities taking place over a certain period, specific activities, or specific scheduled activities to compare customer retention. On an aggregate level, you can compare retention along with a targeted customer list of all enrolled in the starting period and whether or not they registered in the follow up period.
Please note - as you drill down the data, you'll see duplicative customer details shown in the Starting Cohort and Follow Up Cohort. You can disregard this information as it is aggregated and organized in the table above Child Retention from Starting Period to Follow Up Period.
- Please note - as you drill down the data, you'll see duplicative customer details shown in the Starting Cohort and Follow Up Cohort. You can disregard this information as it is aggregated and organized in the table above Child Retention from Starting Period to Follow Up Period.
Activity Enrollment Report: This workbook contains fields that exist across some of the activity reports in Sawyer. However, this report does not include data on individual orders by activity but rather, provides insights at the Activity Instance level.
- Activity Instance refers to each day the activity is scheduled and includes activities that are not yet discoverable. The counts shown are related to enrollment (bookings), not order values. This view allows you to drill down activity instances to see total capacity, enrollment, and waitlisted students as well as additional information about each activity instance.
Bookings Report: This workbook contains the fields that exist in our current booking report found in Custom reports. Each row represents a booked spot for a given student in one activity session. For example, if a student books a semester that includes three dates, there will be three bookings.
- Note: Bookings do not necessarily map to a charge or order. An Activity Instance may be canceled and rescheduled (for example, when transferring students), which can result in a booking for an Activity Instance in the same activity group, but the replacement booking is unlinked to the original order
- Waitlist Report: This workbook contains fields that exist in our Waitlist Reports and provides additional insight into all waitlisted spots by Activity Instance.
Locations Report: This workbook includes total orders and bookings by location. We've also added a map visualization to give you options to drill down insights by geographical area.
- Please note: The count of total orders for each location should not be summed to get the same total count of unique orders for your business as an order can contain items in multiple locations.
Explore our reporting how to guides to learn more about best practices and tips and tricks to get the most out of our new Reporting Insights.