Great news! You now have the ability to edit the capacity for a single instance in a scheduled activity!
This will allow you to increase or decrease capacity for a specific date while still “respecting” the primary scheduled activity settings.
Here's how you do it:
- Go to Upcoming and click into a scheduled activity in your roster in order to change the capacity for that single date or instance.
- Click on the 3 dot menu on the right and click on Edit Instance
- This modal allows you to edit additional details for the single instances of the scheduled activity such as date, start/end time, instructor, and location. Now you can also scroll down to Capacity, to edit the number listed for the single instance capacity, and click Save.
- Voila! The new capacity will be reflected on your upcoming calendar as well as on the roster.
Some things to note about this feature:
- Instance capacity will be maintained/saved even if the Scheduled Activity Group is updated/saved.
- When editing a scheduled activity that has edited instances, you will now see a warning banner that displays: "This scheduled activity has specific instances that have been edited. Your previous edits will be saved and changes to the scheduled activity will only apply to non-edited instances."
- For example, if you changed the Friday, July 1st activity capacity from 12 to 6 and then changed the primary capacity of the scheduled activity from 12 to 10, only dates without previous instance edits will be adjusted to 10. Since you've already edited the single instance capacity for Friday, July 1, it will remain at a capacity of 6.
- Bulk editing of capacity across instances (and/or activities) is not included in this feature.
- Editing capacity will not impact currently registered students.
- Editing capacity will not impact currently waitlisted students.
To view all instances of a scheduled activity from the rosters page, simply select the “View All Instances” option from the “Roster Actions” drop down menu. This will open the activity summary page which displays every instance of the scheduled activity.