Transferring a student just got a lot easier!
In this article, you will learn how to edit enrollment, which includes transferring a student from a full semester or camp as well as a multi day transfer.
Scenarios in which you would use this feature:
- “I need to move Freddie from Intro to Dance to Intermediate Dance for this semester.”
- “I need to edit the days of the week that Jamie is attending a multi day semester. He can no longer attend Mondays but also wants to add Tuesdays.”
Here are the steps to transfer enrollment:
- Once you are logged in, go to Upcoming and click into a roster. Click on the three dot menu next to a student and select the new option titled Edit Enrollment.
- You will see the contact information for the student and details of their current enrollment.
- On the right side you will see a Select Target Activity field. This dropdown is a list of all active schedule activities.
- Each activity listing will include Date Range, day(s) of week, and times.
- On a desktop, when you hover over a scheduled activity, a modal with additional information will open (instructor, location, capacity, and all times for all days).
- If the original activity is a multi day, you must select the days of the activity and then you will see your current registration included in the dropdown.
Depending on the target activity you choose, you will be prompted with a couple different actions:
If the current enrollment is multi day, you must select the minimum amount of days first.
- You will see the student's currently booked days labeled with Currently Booked.
- The other days of the class will not be selected and you will see the number of spots remaining.
- You will be able to de-select any days and select any new days, but you must still be within the min/max of days for the scheduled activity.
If you are transferring to a new multi day activity, you will see a list of the days and times for that scheduled activity along with the number of spots currently available.
- You will be able to select any of the days.
- You must still meet the min/max requirement for the scheduled activity.
If you are transferring to a new activity that is either single day or multi day that requires you to book all days, you will see the name of the activity populate the field.
- You will also see a banner listing the current availability, which will also note if the activity is overbooked.
If you select a target activity for which the student is already booked, you will see an alert under the field.
- But, this will not block you from booking the student. It is purely informational.
Below the target activity field, there is a Select Start Date field.
This is where you can decide when you want this change to take effect.
If you don’t open the field or select a different day, the change will take effect starting on that date.
- All prior bookings will remain the same, the student will stay on the roster and the attendance history will be correctly reflected.
- You are also able to set an earlier date or a later date, but you will only be able to choose a start date that is within the date range of the original activity (current enrollment).
- Only bookings after the new start date will be affected by the edit or change.
- If you don’t open the field or select a different day, the change will take effect starting on that date.
- This is where you can decide when you want this change to take effect.
- Once you click Continue, you will be taken to the confirmation page, which lists the changes that are being made.
- Once you click Confirm, the bookings will be updated and an email will be sent to the customer.
After a booking has been edited, you will see the details of the changes made on all affected rosters.
- These details will also be listed under any cancelled bookings for days that were removed.
- You will see the name of the activity the student was transferred from as well as a link to the original roster and the date the change took effect.
- When you click on that link, you’ll be taken to the Cancelled tab of the original roster, where you will see the details of the activity the student was transferred to. This links you back to the new roster as well.
- If days were added or removed, you will see those details listed under the new bookings along with the the date the change took effect.
If the booking was moved from one activity to another, you will see the details of the transfer on the new roster.