This article will walk you through the steps you'll take to build and schedule online activities.
Setup is a little different than setting up an in-person activity, so even Sawyer experts should read this!
Before you schedule an online activity, you'll have to add an "Online" location to your Sawyer account. Once that step is complete, you can start building your online activity schedule.
How to create online activities in Listings
- Log-in to your Portal
- Navigate to Listings
- Create an activity
Set up the basic details of your activity
You'll have to follow these steps in order. Once you tag an online class accordingly, the schedule builder will reveal special fields to help you add a URL, access instructions, and more.
- Name your Activity
- Scroll down to Activity Type and select Online
- Continue to set up your activity as normal
Scheduling your online activity
- Navigate to Schedules > Semester
- Below your Semester time frame, click + Add Activity to [Semester Name]
- Select your previously created Activity from the dropdown. You'll notice new fields appear for Class Link and Access Instructions.
- Select your Online location from the location dropdown
- Select the day of the week, the time of the day, and the number of spots available.
Add class links, access instructions, and more
When you schedule an online activity, you'll be prompted with a few new fields. Don't forget to fill them out so parents and instructors can access important digital details.
- Add a Class Link to your scheduled online activity
- This is the meeting URL that is shared with parents. This field requires a full URL (Such as: https://hisawyer.com) to be entered successfully. Add this link at least one hour before your activity begins.
- Add Access Instructions for parents
- This is a free text field that you can use to tell customers how to access online activities.
- Include useful information like:
- Hardware requirements
- Software requirements
- Tips and tricks for perfect video calls
- These instructions will be sent in an email to registered parents and will also display at the top of the daily roster for instructors to access