Once you’ve completed your registration and account with Twilio, you’ll want to bookmark the Twilio console for easy access.
- Setting up your Sawyer integration will allow you to easily message customers from Rosters and Custom Reports (legacy and Scale access only).
- For this initial launch, you will need to use your Twilio account to view your SMS message inbox, see customer replies, and view account billing and pricing details.
- Our future goal is to provide you with additional visibility in your Sawyer account over time as we have more users opting-in.
Verifying A2P registration status is successful
- Go to Develop > Phone Numbers > Manage > Active Numbers (Direct link)
- Identify which Twilio numbers are associated with a messaging service. If your US number is not in a messaging service, it is not registered.
- In your messaging service, click the A2P & Compliance tab to verify the service has a registered campaign attached. A messaging service with a successfully registered campaign will show green checkmarks next to each registration step and a Campaign Use Case status of Verified.
Viewing message inbox
- Go to Monitor > Logs > Errors > Messaging (Direct link)
- The list of messages sent or received is displayed.
- Date (and time)
- Timestamp for the message.
- Clicking on the timestamp will open up message details (including the full message)
- From number
- Sent Messages - Your (provider) Twilio phone number
- Received Messages - Customer/parent phone number
- To number
- Sent Messages - Customer/parent phone number
- Received Messages - Your (provider) Twilio phone number
- Hovering over this icon will show you a truncated preview of the message. To see the full message, click on the timestamp in the date column.
- Number of segments
- What is a segment? A segment is the number of actual messages that Twilio is sending (and what you are charged for). A segment has a character limit of ~150 characters of plain text or ~70 characters if emoji/non-standard (specifically non-ASCII).
- Example: 1 segment (125 characters “plain” text) - This is a message from The Art Studio. Unfortunately, we have to cancel today's class due to the instructor being unavailable
- Example: 2 segment (117 characters with Emojis) - 👋 This is a message from The Art Studio 🎨 We have to cancel today's class due to the instructor being unavailable 😞
- Status of the message.
- Successful: Delivered, Received
- Unsuccessful: Undelivered (Reason can be seen if you hover over the “i” icon)
- Message details
Replying to SMS messages
Please note: At this time, you will not have the ability to reply directly to customers in Twilio or Sawyer. Customers do have the ability to reply to messages sent via text. You will be able to view any message replies sent from customers directly in your Twilio inbox.
- In the event that a customer has a question or replies back to an SMS message, we recommend that you follow up directly with the customer via email or by phone call.
- As we expand our options, we hope to provide additional functionality for viewing and replying to messages in Sawyer.
How to view your Twilio bill
- Go to Billing > Overview in the upper right corner (Direct link).
- To see usage for a given time period, click on View all product usage.
- Select the month you’d like to see in the dropdown.
- Expand views and options on your Usage Summary by using the ▼ option.
3. To see your recurring billing items (ie. the cost for your active Twilio phone number), go here.