We’re excited to announce our latest integration - SMS texting with Twilio! With this beta release, providers can set up a new account or connect an existing Twilio account to Sawyer and send SMS texts to opted-in customers.
- This is an exciting next step as we expand our communication tools within Sawyer.
- Texting has been at the top of the request list for our providers and we’re thrilled to offer a new way to communicate with customers.
- We’ve selected Twilio as our messaging integration partner as they are the leader in powerful and reliable communication tools and trusted by top global brands.
- We are starting this release with a closed beta group to collect feedback and test the integration. You will be notified when we open up the functionality to a wider audience.
What’s included in this beta release:
- Providers will have the ability to set up a paid Twilio account and connect it to Sawyer via our integration.
- Once a provider is opted in and subscribed to the Sawyer integration, additional SMS messaging options on Rosters and on Custom Reports (legacy and Scale access only) are enabled.
- Then, providers can send SMS messages to customers who have a phone number configured on their profile and who are opted in to receiving SMS messages for your business.
- Providers can send SMS messages up to 125 characters. Special characters such as emojis are supported but may count as additional messages sent. Learn more here.
- Customers will have the ability to opt out of all SMS messages from Sawyer or from specific providers on their Sawyer Account. Learn more about opt-in functionality here.
- Providers can manage billing and view customer messages and replies directly in their Twilio account.
Not yet included:
As we expand the feature, this list is subject to change. Below are limitations to the functionality within Sawyer for our initial integration.
- Cannot currently send MMS messages
- Only SMS is supported.
- Cannot view messages directly within Sawyer
- You can view messages in Twilio.
- Cannot reply to messages directly within Sawyer or Twilio
- Two-way communication is not yet supported. You will need to use another communication method to reply to a customer’s response. (See below*)
- Cannot view billing and invoices (from Twilio) within Sawyer
- You can view all billing and invoice information directly in your Twilio account.
Please note*: At this time, you will not have the ability to reply directly to customers in Twilio or Sawyer. Customers do have the ability to reply to messages sent via text. You will be able to view any message replies sent from customers directly in your Twilio inbox.
- In the event that a customer has a question or replies back to an SMS message, we recommend that you follow up directly with the customer via email or by phone call.
- As we expand our options, we hope to provide additional functionality for viewing and replying to messages in Sawyer.
What will it cost?
As a special perk for beta users, enjoy waived Sawyer integration fees until 2024!
Please note: Twilio pricing is usage based and includes additional setup fees. The overall monthly cost you will incur with Twilio will depend on the volume of messages sent and unique carrier fees. We encourage you to review the standard fees and pricing details here.
How do I get started?
This feature is currently being released to a closed beta group before expanding the option to our wider provider community. This ensures that we can provide additional support for questions surrounding the new A2P 10DLC requirements, messaging and campaign compliance, and initial Twilio setup!
Please note: The initial Twilio set up will take 15-20 minutes to complete registration. However, there is a possible 2-3 week waiting period for A2P brand and campaign approval. Once approved, your Sawyer integration can be completed in just a few clicks!
- New to SMS/Texting services? We understand learning something new can be a little overwhelming at first, so we recommend exploring the Getting Started Guide to learn more about SMS restrictions and requirements, review pricing, read FAQs, and more!
- Already familiar with SMS and want to skip ahead? Check out the Twilio Onboarding guide to jump right into your account setup.