IMPORTANT: Make sure to configure your Reply To Settings located under My Account-->Settings
We use a server called Mandrill that automates many of our email sends. Transactional emails are sent directly to your customers to inform them about upcoming items related to class bookings.
- Purchase confirmation emails: These are sent for scheduled activity purchases as well as products i.e. gift cards, packs, memberships.
- Payment Plan Emails
- Failed Payment Emails
- Gift Card Recipient Confirmation Email
- When Provider has Added to Balance Gift Card
- Automatic Reminder Email: Sent 30 minutes prior to scheduled activity start time
Learn more about Parties and their associated emails here.
- Client Party General Inquiry Confirmation
- Party Payment Request
- Party Booked
Messages sent from Rosters & Reports
- Messaging from Rosters & Reports: This guide will help you understand how and what can be sent from Rosters and Reports.
Reviews Collection Emails
- Reviews Collection Emails: This guide will help you understand when, how, why, and what review emails work.
These features need to be activated from My Account > Settings in your provider portal.
Parties Reminder Email: A reminder sent to customers 60 days before a child's birthday. (Note: Reminders will only be sent if you have active party packages)
When a student is transferred from one scheduled activity to another scheduled activity (date, time, etc).
Sawyer Marketing Email FAQs
Why are my customers receiving Sawyer marketing/promotional emails?
Upon creating an account with Sawyer, customers are given an option to opt-in to receiving marketing and communications from your business as well as from Sawyer. We do cross-promote recommendations to families for other classes in email and on our other marketing channels. This is good for you; it means parents can receive recommendations for your activities as well!
Customers who receive Sawyer marketing emails have agreed to receive marketing and communications from Sawyer when they first create their account. They can opt-out of this communication at any time from any of our marketing or promotional emails by clicking unsubscribe on any email they receive. Opting out of Sawyer’s marketing communications does not opt them out of receiving emails sent from your business or transactional emails generated from your Sawyer business account.
Am I able to remove the opt-in from my customer sign-up flow?
The user creation sign up flow is standard and not customizable or removable for any business that partners with Sawyer. This is a common practice across many registration platforms and e-commerce sites. During sign-up, you'll see that customers are able to opt-in to your business emails and marketing as well as Sawyer emails even before completing a purchase. This helps your business fill your funnel of prospects and users by having our widget embedded on your site. We've made the opt-in or out standard and visible for customers as we do across every email sent from Sawyer.
At Sawyer, our registration software is built with children’s activity businesses in mind. We allow for as much customization and control across payment types, activity and schedule offerings, custom form fields, and a variety of product options tailored for this industry. We strive to offer flexible solutions at an all-inclusive price and are not offering premium-priced optionality at this time.
What types of emails are sent to my customers?
We’re always dreaming up new ways to highlight your business to potential customers. That being said, this list is not exhaustive. Here are some examples of emails that we may send to customers who are opted-in to receiving marketing emails and communications from Sawyer.
- Recommendations: Data-driven emails that match activities with families looking to book.
- Category Round Up Emails: Whether we’re highlighting pod-based learning or outside activities, category emails highlight marketplace activities that are trending in our community.
- Blog Posts/Parenting Content: Have you read the Sawyer blog? We send emails to parents featuring expert content on everything from the best tv shows for kids to educational activities for the entire family.
- Free Activities: Parents love free classes and trials because it allows them to try a business before they purchase a membership or class pack. If you offer free activities, they might be featured in these newsletter round-ups.
- Seasonal/break activities: From summer camp to school holidays, we put seasonal events and activities front and center for our customers.
- Camp content by age/category: If you offer camp on the Sawyer Marketplace, it might get featured in targeted newsletters based on child interest and age.
Why are you promoting other businesses to my customers?
Sawyer at its core seeks to help children fall in love with learning. We are built to be a community of parents and children’s activity businesses where there is room for everyone to succeed! Kids do a lot! Many customers take multiple classes a week across several provider businesses, whether or not they receive emails from us. Our recommendations serve as a way to save parents time when searching for options and as a way to promote the providers we work with (a.k.a. you!)
We view this as a way to enhance a parent’s overall experience rather than detract from their experience in your classes. Please know that our emails are never spammy to customers and they are able to opt-out of receiving these at any time. We never require any of our businesses to opt-in to discounts or promotional offers - you alone have control of your pricing.
We are sensitive to each of our businesses’ needs and seek to communicate value to parents through our vibrant marketplace to help them discover and book classes for their children.
How do I get included in your emails?
We try to feature a variety of providers on our emails -- whether they are personalized recommendations, activity roundups, subject deep dives, blog posts, or dedicated emails. Make sure your business opts into our Marketing Partners Program for the chance to be featured in additional marketing materials.
If there is a specific event that you have coming up, please let us know and we’ll try to include it in our marketing calendar if there is space! Also, feel free to tag @HelloSawyer in any social posts you have so that our social media team can check it out!